The college has a library having about 20 thousand books. The library subscribes magazines and journals in different subjects and langauges. The management of the library under the administrative control of Principal has been vested with a senior Professor who is assisted by qualified librarians.
Section - I
1. The library remains open from 10 a.m to 4 p.m on every working day of the college.
2. The last period of every working day is set apart for office work of the library and during that period no books are issued or returned.
3. No book shall be taken out of the library until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry attested by the borrower.
4. Each borrower must examine the condition of the book before he is issued, otherwise, in case of mutilation discovered later, the presumption will be against the borrower.
5. Books shall be returned within the period allowed to the borrower. (See Rule 25)
6. When the date for the return of a book falls on an authorised holiday, it may be returned to the library the next day, when the library reopens.
7. All books belong to the library and those in the possession of borrowers shall be returned to the library before the college closes for the long vacation on or before the date notified for the purpose.
8. Anybody in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever he/she receives a requisition notice from the librarian for the return of the book.
9. Books taken out of the library must be returned to the Librarian or the Asst. librarian at the countrer.
10. No marginal note or other note shall be made in the library book nor shall any picture or page be removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. In such case the borrower shall be asked to replace the book, damaged by him/her.
11. The librarian will report to the Principal the name of the borrower responsible for improper use of library books.
12. Although ordinarily there will be no restriction on the use of books in the library, the Principal has the rights to stop the issue of certain books to all or some intending borrowers.
13. A borrower, against whom any overdue or other charge is outstanding, shall not be allowed to borrow books from the library and any one who has got a library deposit shall not be allowed to withdraw it untill the
the library dues are cleared.
14. If any borrower keeps a library book in his/her possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more book will be issued to him or her until the book concerned is restored to he library. In extreme cases, the privilage of using the library may be denied to such person.
15. All those who may happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence.
The librarian should see that rule of silence is strictly observed and should report any wilful breach of the rule to the Principal. Members of the teaching staff are also expected to use their influence to promote the observation of this rule. All talking, except what is necessary for transaction of library business, is forbidden inside the library.
16. The library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or for consulting the books and periodicals of the library.
17. Spitting, smoking, sleeping inside the library and putting one’s legs on the library furniture are strictly forbidden.
18. Case of uncivility either on the part of intending borrower or the library staff or any unauthorised person who might happen to be inside the library should at once be reported to the Principal.
19. An unauthorised person who forces his entry into the library may be turned out of the library by the library staff.
20. None but the teaching staff, the ministerial staff, may go beyond the library counter. Persons obtaining special permission from the Principal may also work inside the store room of the library.
21. The following is the list showing the maximaum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers.
No of Books to be issued
a) Members of the teaching Staff 10
b) Ministerial Staff 04
c) Class IV employees 02
d) Degree Students 02
e) Hon’s Students 03
f) H.S (+2) Students 01
If a book has several parts or volumes these should be trated as one book.
22. A book once issued to a borrower may be re-issued to him/her when nobody else wants to take the book. Books before re-issue shall be presented before the librarian for necessary entry in the register.
23. (a) Books of reference, map, text books, University calendars, current issue of periodicals, course of study and rare books shall not be issued for use at home without the special permission of the Principal.
(b) Current issues of periodicals shall not be issued for use at home before the arrival of their next issue.
24. Members of the teaching staff, the ministerial staff and other may take book from library on signing the issue register or on slip. Which will be given to them in the beginning of each session.
25. The time allowed to the borrower is 15 days in case of student and one month in case of members of staff.
26. Any book lost, damaged or defaced by the borrower must be replaced by him. If the book is one of the set or a series and the volume cannot be obtained singly, the whole set or series must be replaced at the reader’s cost. If the book is rare and irrplaceable, the borrower must pay a maximum of double of current catalogue price of the book.
27. In the case in which the price of the lost book cannot be ascertained he should pay as compersation the amount fixed by the Principal.
28. A person who takes books from the library is supposed to have agreed to abide by the rule. Ignorance of the library rule will be no excuse for the breach of any rule.
29. Nobody is allowed to take books in others name. No faculty is allowed to take books of other deptts.
30. Every member of the staff is bound to return all the books on or before the closing date for summer vacation.
31. Books will be issued to students on production of library cards which is issued to them in the begining of each session.
SECTION - II
Special Rules for Students
1. The student borrowers are subject to all rules in section-I
2. In the case of those students who do not return the library book within the time allowed, a fine of Rs.1.00 per book will be charged for each day of delay subject to maximum limit of twenty rupees. The librarian shall send on the 7th of every month a fine list of the pervious month alongwith a statement showing the name of students in whose case the fine could be more then one rupee. The fine will be collected from him alongwith the tuition fee for that month.
3. Any student who wants to take books from the library should fill his/her library card properly and present it to the librarian. He/she should also present his/her card to the librarian whenever he/she wants to return a book.
4. Ordinarily no student will be allowed to keep library books with him during the summer vacation.Any student who wants to borrow library book for the summer vacation should apply to the Principal with the recommendation of a member of the staff.
5. If a student loses his card, another card will be issued to him on application and on payment of Rs. 50.00
6. Only one book at a time may be issued to a borrower for overnight use at home, which must be returned to the library before 1.00 p.m the next day.
7. Loss of library card should be intimated to the librarian immediately.
8. Library card will be issued to the students only on production of Identity Card alongwith admission receipt.
9. Reading room : For use of reading room ordinarily one book or journal at a time may be issued to each student. All such books and journals must be returned to the librarian 15 minutes before the library, reading room closes for the day. If a student fails to return the book/journal a fine of .50 paise per day per copy will be imposed on him with a maximum of double the cost of the said book/journal.